Thursday, December 31, 2009
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Educational Writer/Project Manager
Education Practice Question Writer (SAT/ACT)
Writer and Editor for Insider (Environmental Defense Fund)
Assistant Editor for Online Journal Autocratic
It's the holiday lull; enjoy some R&R!
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
I hope everyone is enjoying this holiday season. For the Midwest, it is cold, icy, and snowy. Where ever you are, enjoy the ones you love and if you are lucky enough to find a spare moment, put the words to the paper and write.
Not many good leads out there today. Looking forward to the first of the year for new leads to break free. Until then, blessings for a grand holiday.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Project Manager/Creative Writer (Reading, MA)
Medical Editor/Electronic Medical Publishing (Evanston, IL)
Not much new out there today for the education market...
Have a peaceful holiday!
Thursday, December 17, 2009
This will probably be my last blog post this year since next week is Christmas and the following week is New Year's Eve/New Year's day.
I wish you all wonderful holidays and happy writing in the New Year! I will post again the 2nd week of January.
Here are some new leads:
- Writer medical, science, or technology fields (Detroit, telecommute okay)
- Web content writer, reporter, researcher (D.C. area, telecommute okay)
- Chief Education Officer/Chief Learning Officer for Global School Network (to become Boston based)
- National Director of Educational Sales for Educational Media Company (Chicago based)
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Happy Wednesday... here are a couple of nice sounding gigs for those of you who write test material. I also included the website for the rest of the listings for any of you who don't subscribe.
I find many reliable sources at http://www.aboutfreelancewriting.com/ I hope this helps. Not as much as I would like before the holidays but a start.
Blessings to you during this holiday season. May the next couple of weeks be filled with family and friends and all the things in life that matter.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Editorial Director—Social Studies 9–12 (Columbus, OH)
Proposal Writers Wanted—Health Care and Technology (Chicago and National)
Technical Writer (Boston)
Acquisitions & Development Editor (Reston, VA)
Health & Lifestyle Writers—Livestrong (Freelance)
Editor—Rodale Books (New York)
Not coming across as many decent freelance jobs as we'd all like, but it's just a matter of time . . .
Good luck -
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Here are some new writing job leads. It's cold here in Oregon, hope you're all staying warm!
- Content Editor for EBSCO Publishing (in Ipswich, MA)
- Research and Online Education Director for Green Building Portal (in Chicago)
- Director of Content Development, Graduate Programs, Kaplan Test Prep (in NYC)
- Writer for Online Course Development (in Santa Cruz, CA)
- Pearson Education, Editorial Assistant (in San Francisco)
- Travel Writer for Web Content (in LA, telecommute okay)
- Editor (in NYC, telecommute okay)
- Write Articles for Magazine (in Orange County, telecommute okay)
- Travel Content Editor & Writer for BootsnAll Travel (in Portland, OR)
- Editor for Updates and Spanish Translations (in Berkeley, CA)
- Publications Coordinator (in Washington D.C.)
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Not much on the education front, I will keep looking
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Freelance Writers Needed !! (Austin, TX)
Reading Comprehension Passage Development (Remote)
Freelance Copyeditors (Chicago, IL)
Grantwriter (Columbia, MD)
Editor, Electronic Products (Waltham, MA)
Writer/Editor (Santa Monica, CA)
Children's Story Writer (Los Angeles area)
Good luck - Kat
Friday, December 4, 2009
Sorry I did not publish a blog for last Friday; I was on vacation for the Thanksgiving weekend. Hope you all enjoyed that holiday!
Here are a few new leads:
* Editor for SAT test prep program (Dallas, telecommute okay)
* Children's Story Writer (NYC)
* Publicity & Marketing Associate full time on-site at Allworth Press (New York, NY)
Other Web/Remote Writing Opportunities:
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
1. professional proofreader (san diego)
Professional proofreader needed for full-time work in educational publishing. Must be experienced.
2. Education/ESL dictionary-ongoing
Creative Content LLC is looking for educational writers for a variety of projects including ESL dictionary pages. Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
3.Instructional Designer-(freelance) (Chicago, IL)
This posting is for an immediate opening for projects in the technical writing field - more specifically, for e-learning content. Successful candidates will be asked to review and convert practical continuing education book content into a self directed online course (moodle).
Here is what I could dig up for today, although because I am doing this Tuesday night and I am out of town on assignment on Wednesday, I may find more Wednesday night when I check again. I will keep you posted ... hope it helps.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Not much today!
Agency Proofreader—Creative Circle (Chicago)
Non-Profit Seeks Writer/Editor at the United Nations (Midtown East)
Grant Writing/Development Consultant (South Bronx)
Freelance Editor (Washington, DC)
Not many good-looking offers today...
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Please e-mail a brief resume listing your general teaching experience at those levels (and quizbowl experience, if any) to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 3.
Those who make the first cut will receive some sample questions and be asked to write 3 in a similar vein. Based on that, we will probably hire 2-4 people. Once you get up to speed, you should be able to make $18-20 per hour and work 6-15 hours per month most months of the year (so it's not a full-time gig).
For more info about what we do, visit our website http://www.averyenterprises.net/
- Several leads were dated yesterday or Monday... so with further ado here is all I got for ya.....
Monday, November 23, 2009
• Editorial Assistant—Children's Books (New York)
• Math e-Learning Content Developer (New York)
• Senior Web Copywriter (Rockville, MD)
• Associate Editor, Insurance Journal (home based)
• Web Content Copywriter (Kirkland, WA)
• Technical Writer (Austin, TX)
• Academic Freelance Writers—Nursing and Business Writers Needed ASAP (work from home)
• Document Publishing Specialist (South Denver)
• Writer/Editor (Santa Monica)
• Editor—The International (telecommute)
• Web Copywriter/ACD—Children's Publishing
• Copy Editor (New York)
• Film Critic/Editor
Not much on the education front today. . .
Friday, November 20, 2009
• Copy editor for academic journal (Austin/remote)
• Adult Curriculum Acquisitions Editor (Grand Rapids, MI)
• Freelance Proofreader (Work from Home) for University Readers, Inc.
• Freelance Copyeditor in Science for Bookbuilders West
Other Remote/Web freelance writing jobs:
• Consumer IT Editor (Boston/remote)
• Local writers needed (telecommute)
• Tourism and Editorial Writer
• Contract Copy Writer (Remote)
• Freelance Web Writers Wanted for Social Media Site (telecommuting okay)
Writers Needed in Specific Locations:
• Government IT Services Proposal Writer (Washington DC Metro)
• Technical Writer & Documentation Specialist (Washington, D.C.)
• Copywriter (West LA)
• Freelance Writer/Researcher (Irving/Dallas)
• Full-time Web Content Specialist - Healthcare - CREATIVE CIRCLE (West Chicago)
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
I am one of the guest bloggers invited here to list current needs for freelance writers, especially in the education arena. I will try to find interesting and current leads for those interested.
I write health related educational material for a couple of publishers myself, and although I began with Craig's List, it can be difficult and time consuming to search for writing gigs especially those that offer a decent rate for your time.
Future postings will attempt to assist you in your search. Feel free to comment or offer suggestions to make the challenge easier for others. There is a definite need out there for talented writers, it is just a matter of making the right connections at the right time.
• FREELANCE PROOFREADER<http://www.mediabistro.com/joblistings/jobview.asp?joid=93786&page=3>A world renowned children's publishing company in the heart of NYC is currently seeking bi-lingual Spanish proofreaders to assist on project for its educational department
• FREELANCE TECHNICAL WRITERS<http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/wri/1464190168.html>Education technology services firm seeks 2-3 freelance writers to assist with responding to requests for proposals (RFPs) for decision support and data warehouse projects for state departments of education and large school districts
FREELANCE WRITERS<http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/wri/1465232129.html>Editorial company providing services to major educational publishers immediately seeks exceptional writers and editors with Math, Science,ELA, and Social Studies assessment experience to join our freelance team.
Teacherwriters is hiring writers. This position is open immediately. Terrific part time income for teachers writing lesson plans, articles of all kinds, and books. We have worldwide corporate and educational clients. Teacher education, certification, or experience required. 12-32 hours per week based on your availability. All work is performed via Internet via our project board. This is a permanent position. There is no charge to apply for a job or work with us. You can get all information and apply online at TeacherWriters.com
Here is a start. Good luck.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
• Director, social studies project management (Boston)
• Writers wanted for online study guides
• Curriculum social studies associate editor, editor (Boston)
• Editorial assistant, online publisher (Boston)
• Editor (New York)
• Editorial assistant (New York)
• Educational Testing Service looking for freelance writers in the Princeton, NJ area
• Education freelance writer
• Director, Northwestern University Press (Evanston, IL)
• Writers/aspiring writers—community focus (telecommute)
• Freelance technology news reporter (telecommute)
• Web producer/editor, the Lambda literary foundation (telecommuting OK)
• Blogger for green website (Los Angeles)
• Writers/columnists needed (telecommute)
• Creative director/copywriter wanted (White Plains, NY)
• Freelance financial writer (telecommute OK)
• Technical writer (Ashburn, VA)
• Technical - health care writers (Rockville, MD; telecommute OK)
Best of luck!
Sunday, November 15, 2009
I've prepared a post for tomorrow morning and it's got quite a bit in it. Remember that as we get into the swing of posting every day, the leads will be short and sometimes nonexistent.
You've all been so supportive and helpful through the life of this blog that I am sure you will help the new posters tweak things until we've got it where it helps us all.
- Project Editor (Aplia) (Boston) (on site)
- Freelance Technical Writers (Telecommute)
- Writer for E-Learning Courses (Uptown) (Dallas area; telecommute, but some face-to-face)
- Educational Question Writer (Boulder)
- Forensics Speech Debate Writer ((home)) (Just in case you DO have Forensics Speech-Debate Experience.)
- Exceptional Freelance Assessment Writers & Editors (Midtown)
- Education Writer for On-Going Projects (San Diego)
- Temporary - Content Associate - High School Science (NWEA - Remote; next 6 entries)
- Temporary - Content Associate - Physics
- Content Specialist - Reading and Language Arts with Bilingual ESL ELL
- Temporary - Content Associate - Science - Grade 4-12
- Temporary - Editor - Chemistry and Physics
- Temporary - Editor - High School Science
- Temporary - Editor - Science
- Writing Job for Teacher (Chicago)
- Writer Wanted (North Jersey)
NOTE: I found this posting on a subscription-based site: [This telecommute employer] ociates, Inc. Is looking for qualified candidates for the following positions: Attention: Educators Needed! Location: Telecommute (Nationwide) [This telecommute employer] provides an array of services for educational publishers nationwide. We are currently in need of correlators to join our team. Correlators work on a contract basis from their home office and are responsible for creating documents that demonstrate the alignment of textbooks and other educational materials with state standards. We are currently in need of educators for the following subjects: math, science, English, social studies, and Spanish. The primary purpose of this position is to accurately and efficiently align educational material to academic standards. The Ideal Candidate: • Bachelor’s degree plus teaching certificate in applicable subject (certificate need not be current) • *-5+ years of teaching experience, high school level preferred. • Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. • Accuracy and attention to detail. • Strong analytical skills. • Superb organizational skills. • High speed internet connection. • Correlation experience preferred. Must have flexible schedule and be able to begin working on projects with little notice. Projects are driven by availability; however, consistent work may be available after successful completion of project(s). For consideration you must act now! Send cover letter, resume, and a list of references to the following below: Isabella Tagore at isabell . . . more details available to subscribers
In a Google search, I found that it was McHugh and Associates and that I've posted for them before. The contact name is different, but I'm sure for enterprising freelancers, that won't be a problem. :-)
- Nursing Education Course Writer (Lakeway Texas)
- Content Development Manager for Certification Exam Projects (Bellevue, WA)
- Freelance Copyeditors (science and engineering; ESL)
- Freelance Writer for Mac Adobe Creative Suite tips and tutorials site
- Medical Summary Narrative Writer (in case you were a doctor in your former life)
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
I am still teaching elementary. It's still hard! Sheesh. I thought it would get better the 2nd year, but I still think elementary teachers have it the roughest. I am still living an hour away from where I work and the kids go to school. (The house is still for sale...) I have two high schoolers in the band and practice and contests keep us away from home during all of the daylight hours. (It's almost over! We made it to UIL State... very mixed feelings here). My husband went back overseas the day before school started and won't be home until right before Christmas. AND... I started graduate school last May. I know, I know... what was I thinking?! Well, the program was too good and too well-priced to pass up. This time next year I should be a campus assistant principal, if all goes according to plan.
What does all this mean for this blog? Well, I love this blog. I love providing this service. I just can't squeeze out any more sweat or blood to make this work (this post is actually taking up homework and grading time). I really, really want to come back to it. It would be great if I could get someone to post until next June, but I can't ever seem to make that work. Or if I do get someone offering to help, I don't follow up in a timely fashion. Those of you who've emailed me in the past 6 months can testify to that. I keep meaning to post the methods I use to find leads, but that, too, keeps getting put off. I worked on an assessment committee recently for the district and had forgotten how much I love writing test questions and such... that's what made be turn to look at this blog.
If you're still a subscriber, thanks. I hope to get this off the ground again in the future. If you're one of those kind souls willing to consider taking this blog on for a while, email me, and email me, and email me, and email me. Band will be over one week from today, so I should be able to direct some brain cells this way.
Thanks for all the support,
Friday, April 10, 2009
- christian curriculmn (chicago)
- Calling all children writers (Los Angeles)
- Children's writer needed-MUST SEND LINK TO SAMPLES PLEASE. (Santa Monica CA)
Monday, April 6, 2009
- Instructional Designer/E-Learning Writer (Hackettstown, NJ) (might be business; telecommuting ok)
- Instructional Designer (Midtown East) (may be on-site)
- Seeking Preschool Teachers with Writing Experience (redwood city) (telecommute ok; submissions)
- CHILDREN BOOK WRITERS (not necessarily education-related, but I know a few of you do this sort of thing)
- Copy Editor Needed (Palm Beach County)
- English Composition Teacher needed (potrero hill) (to review educational program materials, I think)
Monday, March 30, 2009
- Freelance Copy Editors for Academic Press (APA, Chicago, MLA) (Home based)
- FREELANCE WRITING NEEDED FOR FINE ART/ART HISTORY QUESTIONS (offsite freelance)
- Co Author Childrens Book ( Door County Wisconsin)
- Seeking Educational Writer
- Spanish/English Writer/Instructional Designer (Downtown Minneapolis) (on-site 3+ months)
- Temporary Educational Writers (Midtown East)
- Seeking Educational Writer
- Insurance Course Writer Needed
- Tech writer w/Training dev. - Contract (Mt. Laurel, NJ) (on-site)
- Instructional Designer - Contract (San Marcos, CA)
- Educational Content writer (mountain view) (FT, 2 mos, on-site SF area)
- Online Writing Tutors (Anywhere)
- KIDS WEB GAME CONTENT/STORY-BOOK WRITER (DES PLAINES)
- Trivia Wanted
- children's science writer interested in Astronomy (spec)
Sunday, March 8, 2009
- Curriculum Instructional Specialist (Austin, Texas)
- Education Website Writer (Loop) (Chicago)
- Instructional Designer-World Languages (Boston)
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
- Education Writer Needed
- Spanish/English/Education Majors/Teachers (Miami)
- Experienced Textbook Writer
- Professional science copy editor (SOMA / south beach)
- Experienced Copy and Line Editor needed (Jenkintown, PA 19046)
- Seeking Medical Educational Writer
- Instructional Designer - Contract (San Marcos, CA) (on-site)
Monday, March 2, 2009
Tasks: Writing and heavy to moderate editing of 2-page lessons.
Project Description: First page is about ½ half instruction, while the rest of the page is 1 to 2 multiple-choice questions. The second page is all multiple-choice questions. For the entire lesson, there are no more than 10 multiple-choice questions. The client has provided materials for pick up/editing. There are about 20 pages total of new writing and 60 pages that can be created using pick up with editing.
Schedule: Work can begin immediately. The schedule is super fast. Final delivery date is March 12, 2009 (interim deliveries should be made before this date). All lessons can be assigned to one writer or easily separated for multiple writers.
Payment: Lessons with new writing pay $40/lesson. Lessons that can be created using pick up and require editing pay $20/lesson.
- Experience in creating grades 9-12 mathematics instruction and assessment
- Ability to interpret educational standards and create content (experience in West Virginia math a plus)
- Signing of a non-disclosure agreement
- This is contract, work-for-hire
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
- Seeking Editors
- Curriculum Writer/PowerPoint Designer (Las Vegas, NV) (Rather vague; may be FT)
FL specific math writers (alg 1 and 2 and geometry) (telecommute) (posted in several cities)
- Writer needed for Web Series for Kids! (studio city/valley village/burbank)
- Textbook Editor with K4 Experience Wanted (Upper West Side) (PT; on-site; temp)
- CHILDREN BOOK WRITERS
- Educational Writer for Vocabulary Exercises
- Life science writer for high school biology problem sets (online)
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
I am removing them from my list of education-related publishing. I will be adding a couple to keep an eye on.
- GGS Creative Resources is working on their website, but have contact info posted.
- Element LLC looks promising.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
- Instructional Designer-WL (Boston) (Pearson)
- Abstractor, Bilingual, Spanish (# 2324) (Ipswich, MA) (EBSCO Publishing)
- Educational Science and Math Editors/Writers (Armonk) (On-site 4-5 months)
- Editor- Children's Books (NY)
- Instructional Designer (Vienna, VA) (Management Concepts)
- Proofreader- Full Time On-Site Contract (West Kingston, RI) (Communications Collaborative, West Kingston, RI)
Friday, February 13, 2009
- Editor and Proofreader: Science or Reading
- Wanted: Writers for our educational website
- life scientist, biology writer to write high school problems (online)
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
- Humorous (edgy and odd) writer for kids animation (TV) (Evanston, IL) (for kids; telecommuting ok)
- Educational Science and Math Editors/Writers (Armonk) (On-site 4-5 months)
- Academic editor for Holocaust history book. (Midwood) (Brooklyn-based; 3-4 month stint)
- Editors/Writers (Union Square) (on-site; 6-week project)
- Seeking Talented Children's Writers (Midtown East) (looks like telecommute might be ok; wfh)
- editor and writer for verbal section of HS proficiency exam (telecommute)
- Writer Needed for E-Learning Company (Anywhere)
- Courseware Author
- PROOFREADERS/COPYEDITORS (Creative Circle)
- Score Student Assessments (Houston NW & SW locations) (on-site; Pearson)
- Indexer needed (Houston)
- Essay Editors Needed. $65 per hour. Work from Home (NYC or Any) (I don't know. Does this sound right to you?)
- Seeking Freelance Editors (Work From Home) (low pay)
I know I have some questions about Mazer outstanding. I do have some information, but I need to get it together and straight. I will post about it in a day or two. Thanks for your patience.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
- Abstractor, Education Content ( 2057 ) (Ipswich, MA) (EBSCO) (See previous entries for reader comments on EBSCO)
- Project Manager/Development Editor (Gramercy)
- Instructional Design Assistant for Social Studies Publishing Project (15th and Walnut) (Apex Learning, Philadelphia)
- Instructional Designer (Westlake beecaves and 360) (Austin, TX)
- Training & Documentation Specialist (Mansfield, MA) (enLabel ®)
- Instructional Designer (RTP) (Durham, NC)
- Writer/Editor/Course Developer/ /Office positions/Web (around SF, CA and on web)
Thursday, February 5, 2009
- Writers Needed for English Test Development (Central TX-Austin)
- Wanted: Math Proofreader
- Aspiring Writers for Kids TV Series Wanted (ATL) (Kid-related more than edu-related)
- Editors, English Teachers, Grammarians? (Boston) (low pay)
- English Major, English Teacher, Degree in Grammar or Writing? (Boston Area) (looks like it might be the same as the last entry)
- Children's Author
- Seeking Writers for GRE Verbal Test Prep Book
- Children Book Writers/Plot Originators!!
- Someone to develop training materials (Long Beach)
- Technical Writer for Instruction Manuals (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Writer/Editor/Course Developer/ /Office positions/Web (around SF, CA and on web)
- Training Manual Writer (lafayette / orinda / moraga) (CA)