- Admissions Advisor, Chicago area college
- Science Editor, San Diego
- Educational Travel Specialist, San Jose
Job Title: Editor- Children’s Fiction
Location: Southern California
Job Description/Major Responsibilities:
• Assist Editorial Director in developing the publishing plan, from conceptualization through publication to meet company goals to provide products for the children’s fictional book market.
• Conceptualize and develop products to be delivered via various technology platforms for interactive classroom learning experiences.
• Create products to be used with interactive whiteboards/SMART Boards.
• Work with Editor-in-Chief to acquire manuscripts for fictional publications.
• Work with authors of selected manuscripts for editing and expansion purposes.
• Review manuscript submissions and makes recommendations regarding publication.
• Identify market needs and maintain an up-to-date awareness of trends and issues in education.
• Make presentations on behalf of the company at trade shows, trainings, etc.
• Communicate with customers and sales and marketing personnel regarding product content and use.
Required Skills and Experience:
• 3 years of editorial experience in children’s fictional material.
• Experience developing products and materials for the K-12 marketplace a plus.
• Classroom teaching experience is a plus.
• Strong writing skills, including grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
• Ability to use typical software programs used by publishing companies.
• Ability to present information both clearly and creatively.
• Strong organizational skills, including ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
• Good oral and written communication skills including ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with authors and colleagues.
• Problem-solving skills to deal effectively with situations requiring in-depth analysis.
• Ability to work independently, exercising discretion and judgment to meet company objectives.
• BA or BS.
For consideration, please send resume to Lisas@ren-network.com