Progress Testing, a leading educational assessment publisher with growing digital program seeks individual with outstanding English language arts, editorial, and organizational skills to join editorial team producing state-specific item banks for the K-12 market.
- Working with editorial director, product managers, and development editors to develop projects in multiple formats
- Developing stable of freelancers, illustrators, and content reviewers with subject matter expertise
- Negotiating terms and executing agreements with freelance contributors
- Staying current on research in pedagogical best practices for subject area
- Attending relevant conferences to maintain expertise and acquire new content producers
- Working with authors to shape ideas into content
- Creating and maintaining item bank assets in internal proprietary system (based on html)
- BA English or ELA/Education; strong English language and grammar skills required
- A minimum of 5 years’ editorial experience in educational (collegiate) print or test prep publishing
- Fluent, intimate knowledge of the editorial process: copyediting, proofreading, and manuscript editing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strict adherence to schedules and deadlines
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Proven ability to multitask; able to juggle several projects at once
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Solutions-based work ethic and ability to project manage workload with guidance from senior staff
- Teaching experience is a plus
- Health insurance, sick/personal days, holidays, and vacation
- A laid-back, friendly home-away-from-home environment
Progress Testing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Gainesville, FL
Company URL: http://www.progresstesting.com