Search This Blog

Loading

Friday, June 26, 2015

It's Almost Time!

As part of the re-design, the blog has moved to WritingForTheEducationMarket.com from it's previous home at educationwriting.blogspot.com.

Here's what the new site will have:
  • A database (eventually searchable) of freelance education writers, correlators, and editors
  • The ability for writers to create their own profile
  • A job board for companies to post job leads directly
  • A blog focused on the business of freelance writing for the education market.
We're going to start with the searchable database. This means I need you to go to the Join the Writer List page and create your profile. This information will automatically populate in the Writers page. The ability to search will be in place by July 8.

My next steps are to move the email list over so you continue receiving blog posts and job leads. More on that later.

I am heading to ISTE tomorrow and plan to visit with several education companies to tell them about this service. I'd love for them to come to the site and see a huge list of writers!

You can reach me at Laura@WritingForTheEducationMarket.com or comment on this post. I get all the comments in my email. Please let me know if there are any glitches that I need to fix.

3 comments:

Tina Cho said...

Thanks so much for doing all this, Laura! The new site looks great!

Suzanne Pitner said...

Thank you for providing this service! Is there a way to edit/revise our listing if the need arises?

Laura said...

@Suzanne, I am working on the revision part. As of right now, you can resubmit and email me to delete the first one. I've had to do that a couple of times today. It's not a problem.

@Tina, Thanks! I was so worried about getting it perfect, but I realized that would never happen. Good enough gets us moving. I've just finished the job board, I believe. Check it out when you get the chance.