Words and Numbers is an educational technology company providing content development services to clients ranging from the largest in the publishing industry to the next great EdTech start-up in the PreK-12, higher educational, and adult learning markets. W&N provides services and project management for the entire project lifecycle, from conceptualization to asset creation. Learn more at www.wordsandnumbers.com.
W&N is currently seeking experienced project managers to join a large, fast-paced higher education publishing project to develop a ground-breaking digital series of curriculum-aligned content aimed at promoting undergraduate student research. The project is slated to run from March 2015 through Fall 2015.
Multiple contracts are available and a long-term senior staff position can be awarded to the most qualified candidate who demonstrates the ability to lead the overall effort and strengthen W&N’s project management capabilities. To be considered, you must have at least 3 years’ experience (at least 7 for senior position) successfully delivering content development, product development, or book publishing projects that relied on subject matter experts, writers, editors, designers, and other creative experts. Successful candidates will also have experience developing robust project plans and managing remote team members and client/business owner and stakeholder relationships. Other minimum requirements can be found below.
Educational product development or educational publishing experience is preferred for these positions, especially in higher education. Project managers selected will have the option of working remotely with no more than 25% travel possibly required.
Interested? Please submit resumes with a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and why you’re interested in this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At a minimum, project managers working for W&N must be able to:
- Be bendable but not breakable
- Work with confidence in ambiguous, fast-paced environments
- Be detail-oriented with expert organizational skills
- Help analyze challenges and define solutions to address client, business, and team needs
- Develop and execute comprehensive project plans and complex but efficient processes, including revisions to meet changing needs
- Document, communicate, and manage the evolution of requirements, guidelines, and other project documents
- Detail project needs, then work collaboratively on the successful fulfillment of those needs
- Insert and monitor controls throughout project to ensure success
- Identify risks and resolve them proactively with attention to short- and long-term impact
- Manage day-to-day operations
- Carefully review and contribute to deliverables for quality assurance before releasing to client
- Document project meetings and decisions made, including assignment of action items
- Manage day-to-day client, business owner, stakeholder, and team member interactions
- Help establish and manage expectations of all involved to avoid and resolve conflicts
- Seek opportunities to increase satisfaction and strengthen relationships
- Regularly track and manage team hours, detailed project financials, and other project performance metrics
- Prepare status reports and lead status meetings for a variety of audiences
- Keep project teams, clients, business owners, and stakeholders well-informed
- Tailor information to best serve a variety of audiences
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion