National Art Education Association
Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:28 am (PST) . Posted by: markallence
The National Art Education Association (NAEA) is a non-profit membership organization exclusively for visual arts educators. NAEA's mission is to advance visual arts education to fulfill human potential and to promote global understanding.
The Publications Coordinator is a full-time position; with a salary range of $40,000 - $48,000.
The job is located at our Reston, VA office: 1806 Robert Fulton Drive, Suite 300, Reston, VA 20191
The contact for resumes and questions is: Lynn Ezell, email@example.com mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
• BA in Communications, Marketing, Publishing, and/or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience; working in a nonprofit environment
preferred. At least 3 years direct publications experience. Association experience
• Copyediting and proofreading experience is required. Familiarity with APA Style
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Acrobat, including Word tracked changes
and PDF editing tools.
• Ability to organize and coordinate communications to ensure production
schedules are met.
• Ability to collaborate and build internal partnerships around common goals,
working in a cross-teaming environment.
• Ability to schedule and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, marketing, and organizational skills.
• Eye for detail a must!
• Familiarity with desktop publishing software, Mac, and database management
skills a plus.
• Experience with ScholarOne or similar online submission systems a plus.
WORK SUPERVISED BY: Publications Manager
Work with Publications team to produce the Association’s flagship periodicals,
books, and other special publications, including Convention program, annual
Publications catalog, and NAHS News. Work with publication publishers for online
submissions. Pursue marketing opportunities for NAEA publications. Proofread and
offer suggestions for NAEA marketing materials.
1. With part-time editor, edit and/or proofread copy for bi-monthly, quarterly, and
yearly periodicals, as well as for books. Proofread additional NAEA projects
and special publications.
2. Track and handle correspondence with authors during proof-checking stage,
check/approve authors’ proposed changes, and prepare for designer.
3. Lead production of NAEA News, including author correspondence, editing,
and preparation for production, with added responsibility for interacting with
other departments for better use of News to support initiatives.
4. Enforce editorial standards consistent with NAEA Publications Style Guide
and the current edition of the Publication Manual of the American
Psychological Association (APA).
5. In cooperation with Publication Manager, correspond with authors throughout
publications process, managing intake of manuscripts, images, and
permissions as needed; and mailing final copies of completed publications.
6. Oversee compliance with NAEA copyright policy; maintain appropriate
documentation from Copyright Clearance Center regarding inquiries about
7. Work with Publications Manager and/or graphic designer to proof layout of
periodicals and books, checking for text flow, paragraph breaks,
headers/footers, image placement and captions, etc.
8. Edit, proof, and/or fact-check eBlasts, advertisements, website text, and other
promotional materials, as needed.
9. Perform research as required, in response to publication inquiries from
authors, editors, and members, as needed.
10. Update and provide oversight to publication research database.
11. Maintain keyword index by querying authors for keywords and updating