Editor (Strategic Planning & Implementation) # 013965 (Kawaiahaʻo Plaza, Oʻahu)
Kamehameha Schools (KS) has an Editor position available with the Strategic Planning & Implementation (SPI) Division at Kawaiahaʻo Plaza on Oʻahu. The deadline to apply is: 10/13/2013.
Bachelor’s Degree in Publishing, Hawaiian Studies, Hawaiian language, English, Journalism, Education, or related field
In lieu of Bachelor's Degree, HS Diploma or GED equivalent and at least 5 years experience in editing or publishing will be accepted.
Summary of Minimum Requirements:
* 3 - 5 years of related work experience.
* At least 5 years experience in editing or publishing with HS Diploma or GED equivalent.
* Experience editing and producing books, multimedia products, and educational materials.
* Knowledge of editorial style, writing techniques, and editorial processes.
* Working knowledge of graphic design and book layout.
* Working knowledge of Hawaiian culture, history, and language.
Summary of Duties:
* Assists the Strategic Planning and Implementation Division in acquiring, evaluating, editing, and producing books and multimedia products to disseminate research, evaluation, and KS reports to a wide variety of internal and external audiences.
* Works closely with authors, contributors, designers, and other editors to prepare manuscripts for print and multimedia publication.
* Assists in maintaining production schedules and project status reports.
* Facilitates the copyediting process and maintains the “master set” during proofreading. Establishes working relationship with authors and facilitates author communications and meeting schedules.
* Serves as a resource on approved styles for SPI publications (modifications of APA and Chicago).
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants must apply online. Visit our website at http://www.ksbe.edu/careers & search Requisition Number 013965 for full job description, & to apply for this position. *Sorry, no resumes accepted via email,
mail or fax.