We are looking for a thorough, motivated Content Editor/Proofreader with demonstrated expertise in English Language Arts. In this role, you will work closely with Content Writers and Product Analysts to ensure our language arts items are grammatically correct and appropriate for students in grades 2-6. This is a part-time contract position (20-30 hours per week) with the option to work remotely.
- Ensure the overall quality and consistency of language arts content.
- Review content for completeness, accuracy, and adherence to specifications.
- Review content for grade-level appropriateness.
- Copy edit to improve formatting and style.
- Correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors.
- Provide both general and specific feedback to Content Writers.
- Maintain internal documentation, including style and content guidelines.
- BA/BS degree.
- Demonstrated expertise in ELA content development with an editorial focus.
- Impeccable grammar knowledge.
- Superior writing and editing skills.
- Understanding of elementary students’ reading and knowledge levels.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to be efficient and organized while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to influence and improve the work of others.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and web applications.
IXL Learning is an educational technology company like no other. We develop dramatically innovative, first-of-their-kind products used by millions of learners, from children to adults. Our IXL product (located at IXL.com) is the world's most popular subscription-based learning site for K-12. Our other products include Quia Web, the original 'create-your-own' website for teachers, and Quia Books, the leading online platform for world-languages courses.
$35 - $45/hour
This is a part-time, contract position.
We are accepting applications from both freelancers who can work on-site (San Mateo, CA) AND freelancers who will need to work remotely.
Please apply here: https://hire.jobvite.com/j?cj=oTVpXfwU&s=educationwritingblog