Search This Blog

Loading

Saturday, April 9, 2011

What Do We Know About Thesys International?

I received this via email. Does anyone have any information on Thesys International or advice for our reader?
-Laura

Hello!
I appreciate all the leads you post in your blog. I have had a few leads from there turn into work. I have a question for you. Have you heard anything about Thesys International? They were created by Fairmont Prep in Anaheim CA. The company is developing hybrid middle and high school courses. They sent a call for contractors through some type of university grad school network. My friend forwarded the lead to me and I was hired to develop 2 courses. They took forever to give me the executed contract. They did not pay me for the first three months. They finally sent one month of pay and the check was returned to me stating they had stopped payment. I have pulled all my files from the dropbox and told them I will not send them anything else until we are current. Have you heard any other people who have had trouble like this? I've been doing instructional design and education writing freelance work for two years. I have worked with a number of different states and companies. Some are slow to pay but I have never encountered this nonsense. At the very least, I'd like to let others know to be very careful if they are thinking about working for them.

Thanks!
 

No comments: