This looks great...
Position: Part-Time Curriculum Developer for a G&T Certificate
The Office of Continuing Professional Studies at Bank Street College of Education seeks an experienced educator in the Gifted and Talented field to help develop a 12-credit online certificate. This is a part-time, consulting position, which includes the option of teaching at least one course in the certificate program.
The curriculum to be developed must fulfill NYS requirements for awarding the Gifted and Talented Extension, and include options for teachers from a variety of backgrounds. The proposed certificate will be presented to the College's Curriculum Committee for approval.
Qualifications and Experience
* Thorough familiarity with current issues and concerns in G&T education and the requirements for State licensing
* Valid certification with the Gifted Education Extension
* Demonstrated experience with designing curriculum
* Experience developing online courses desirable
* Master's in Education degree preferred
* Experience teaching in a progressive education environment and familiarity with Bank Street's pedagogy
* Ability to communicate ideas clearly - both written and orally
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications
Start Date: Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until a qualified candidate is identified.
Send cover letter and résumé to:
Joy Lundeen Ellebbane
Continuing Professional Studies
Bank Street College of Education
610 West 112 Street
New York, NY 10025