My name is Jennie Steinhagen. I am assisting Susan Tatiner of the IEEE Standards Association on a university-level curriculum development project for a book of case studies about technical standards scheduled for publication by Wiley/IEEE Press this December. We found your name on the EFA Web site. Below are some details about the project. If you are interested, could you please share your thoughts and qualifications with us?
Project: Curriculum Development for Modern Standardization: Case Studies at the Crossroads of Technology, Economics, and Politics by Ron Schneiderman.
Project Timeframe: Goal is for material to be ready for editing and formatting in October 2014.
Project Scope: Develop university-level curricula support materials for each of the 9 case studies detailed in the book. The book (estimated to be 240 pages) is geared to undergraduate and graduate students in engineering and business. Materials to be developed include the following for each of the 9 case studies:
- "How to Use This Case Study in Your Classroom"
- Assessment Guide
- Smart Grid
- Electrical Trace Heating
- TV White Space
- Wireless Charging
- Automotive Event Data Recorders
- Electronic Design Automation (EDA)
- Internet of Things/M2M
- This is a freelance/consultant, one-time, work-for-hire project. The material would be copyright IEEE.
- All work can be performed remotely and information exchange will take place via email. Occasional phone calls may be required.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
- We are currently accepting bids from consultants. Please let us know if you would like to submit a bid. If you are interested in the project, we will send you the original book proposal, a complete MS of the case studies book, and a SOW to help you prepare your bid.
- If you are not interested in submitting a bid, is there someone you would recommend?
Thank you and best regards,
Coordinator, Standards Education Projects
Monday, July 14, 2014
Request for bids on curriculum development project
Hi all...this came to me...I am unable to take it on at this time, but maybe someone here would be interested. Michele