IXL's upcoming language arts product will help students master spelling, grammar, and vocabulary like never before. Students' abilities will soar as they interact with engaging texts, correct grammatical errors, and decode new words in a variety of contexts.
An engaging language arts product requires engaging language--and that's where you come in.
We are looking for creative, motivated Content Writers to join our Content Development team. In this role, you will work closely with Product Analysts and Content Editors to write fun, elegantly-crafted language arts items for grades 2-6. This is a part-time contract position (20-30 hours per week) with the opportunity to work remotely.
- Write sentences and paragraphs for use in a wide variety of problem types, including fill-in-the-blank, proofreading, and matching.
- Create dictionary definitions for spelling and vocabulary words.
- Brainstorm topics for imaginative, age-appropriate sentences and paragraphs.
- Format content according to guidelines.
- Accept and implement feedback from editors and revise items accordingly.
- BA/BS degree.
- Demonstrated expertise in ELA content development for grades K-12.
- Extremely strong writing ability and grammar knowledge.
- Clear, engaging writing style.
- Strong understanding of elementary students’ reading and knowledge levels.
- Strong critical-thinking, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be efficient and organized while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
IXL Learning is an educational technology company like no other. We develop dramatically innovative, first-of-their-kind products used by millions of learners, from children to adults. Our IXL product (located at IXL.com) is the world's most popular subscription-based learning site for K-12. Our other products include Quia Web, the original 'create-your-own' website for teachers, and Quia Books, the leading online platform for world-languages courses.
This is a part-time, contract position.
We are accepting applications from both freelancers who can work on-site (San Mateo, CA) AND freelancers who will need to work remotely.
Please apply here: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?cj=oJy9Wfw6&s=educationwritingblog