This posting came in via email from a recruiter:
Our client seeks an Editor for Educational material. This contract will be 100% on-site in the NW Suburbs of Minneapolis. It is expected to start around the end of March and continue for a few months. Following are the requirements of the position.
• Revise, edit, and proofread assessment materials for various educational assessment programs
• Work jointly with other editors, content specialists, and company publications and professional staff on document development and production
• Develop and monitor systems to track work in progress throughout all phases of the document development process and assist with the management of document review and production of multiple projects concurrently
• Assist with client communications related to test and ancillary materials development
• Develop materials for and conduct training in copyediting, proofreading, and writing as necessary
• Three to five years experience copyediting and proofreading complex/technical materials required, editing of education and assessment related materials in a business setting preferred
• Candidates must be capable (& comfortable) working in all grade levels (K–12) and all subject areas (science, social studies, math, ELA) as well as other types of material (e.g., technical reports).
• Excellent proofreading and copyediting skills
• Superior written and oral communication skills
An advanced degree in Education, Journalism, or Writing is preferred. A bachelor's degree with commensurate work-related experience and skills will be considered, provided the candidate has a proven record of outstanding work.
If interested, contact:
Writing Assistance, Inc.
3140 Harbor Lane, Ste 130
Plymouth, MN 55447
toll free: 877-392-9772