Thursday, November 26, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Please e-mail a brief resume listing your general teaching experience at those levels (and quizbowl experience, if any) to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 3.
Those who make the first cut will receive some sample questions and be asked to write 3 in a similar vein. Based on that, we will probably hire 2-4 people. Once you get up to speed, you should be able to make $18-20 per hour and work 6-15 hours per month most months of the year (so it's not a full-time gig).
For more info about what we do, visit our website http://www.averyenterprises.net/
- Several leads were dated yesterday or Monday... so with further ado here is all I got for ya.....
Monday, November 23, 2009
• Editorial Assistant—Children's Books (New York)
• Math e-Learning Content Developer (New York)
• Senior Web Copywriter (Rockville, MD)
• Associate Editor, Insurance Journal (home based)
• Web Content Copywriter (Kirkland, WA)
• Technical Writer (Austin, TX)
• Academic Freelance Writers—Nursing and Business Writers Needed ASAP (work from home)
• Document Publishing Specialist (South Denver)
• Writer/Editor (Santa Monica)
• Editor—The International (telecommute)
• Web Copywriter/ACD—Children's Publishing
• Copy Editor (New York)
• Film Critic/Editor
Not much on the education front today. . .
Friday, November 20, 2009
• Copy editor for academic journal (Austin/remote)
• Adult Curriculum Acquisitions Editor (Grand Rapids, MI)
• Freelance Proofreader (Work from Home) for University Readers, Inc.
• Freelance Copyeditor in Science for Bookbuilders West
Other Remote/Web freelance writing jobs:
• Consumer IT Editor (Boston/remote)
• Local writers needed (telecommute)
• Tourism and Editorial Writer
• Contract Copy Writer (Remote)
• Freelance Web Writers Wanted for Social Media Site (telecommuting okay)
Writers Needed in Specific Locations:
• Government IT Services Proposal Writer (Washington DC Metro)
• Technical Writer & Documentation Specialist (Washington, D.C.)
• Copywriter (West LA)
• Freelance Writer/Researcher (Irving/Dallas)
• Full-time Web Content Specialist - Healthcare - CREATIVE CIRCLE (West Chicago)
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
I am one of the guest bloggers invited here to list current needs for freelance writers, especially in the education arena. I will try to find interesting and current leads for those interested.
I write health related educational material for a couple of publishers myself, and although I began with Craig's List, it can be difficult and time consuming to search for writing gigs especially those that offer a decent rate for your time.
Future postings will attempt to assist you in your search. Feel free to comment or offer suggestions to make the challenge easier for others. There is a definite need out there for talented writers, it is just a matter of making the right connections at the right time.
• FREELANCE PROOFREADER<http://www.mediabistro.com/joblistings/jobview.asp?joid=93786&page=3>A world renowned children's publishing company in the heart of NYC is currently seeking bi-lingual Spanish proofreaders to assist on project for its educational department
• FREELANCE TECHNICAL WRITERS<http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/wri/1464190168.html>Education technology services firm seeks 2-3 freelance writers to assist with responding to requests for proposals (RFPs) for decision support and data warehouse projects for state departments of education and large school districts
FREELANCE WRITERS<http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/wri/1465232129.html>Editorial company providing services to major educational publishers immediately seeks exceptional writers and editors with Math, Science,ELA, and Social Studies assessment experience to join our freelance team.
Teacherwriters is hiring writers. This position is open immediately. Terrific part time income for teachers writing lesson plans, articles of all kinds, and books. We have worldwide corporate and educational clients. Teacher education, certification, or experience required. 12-32 hours per week based on your availability. All work is performed via Internet via our project board. This is a permanent position. There is no charge to apply for a job or work with us. You can get all information and apply online at TeacherWriters.com
Here is a start. Good luck.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
• Director, social studies project management (Boston)
• Writers wanted for online study guides
• Curriculum social studies associate editor, editor (Boston)
• Editorial assistant, online publisher (Boston)
• Editor (New York)
• Editorial assistant (New York)
• Educational Testing Service looking for freelance writers in the Princeton, NJ area
• Education freelance writer
• Director, Northwestern University Press (Evanston, IL)
• Writers/aspiring writers—community focus (telecommute)
• Freelance technology news reporter (telecommute)
• Web producer/editor, the Lambda literary foundation (telecommuting OK)
• Blogger for green website (Los Angeles)
• Writers/columnists needed (telecommute)
• Creative director/copywriter wanted (White Plains, NY)
• Freelance financial writer (telecommute OK)
• Technical writer (Ashburn, VA)
• Technical - health care writers (Rockville, MD; telecommute OK)
Best of luck!
Sunday, November 15, 2009
I've prepared a post for tomorrow morning and it's got quite a bit in it. Remember that as we get into the swing of posting every day, the leads will be short and sometimes nonexistent.
You've all been so supportive and helpful through the life of this blog that I am sure you will help the new posters tweak things until we've got it where it helps us all.
- Project Editor (Aplia) (Boston) (on site)
- Freelance Technical Writers (Telecommute)
- Writer for E-Learning Courses (Uptown) (Dallas area; telecommute, but some face-to-face)
- Educational Question Writer (Boulder)
- Forensics Speech Debate Writer ((home)) (Just in case you DO have Forensics Speech-Debate Experience.)
- Exceptional Freelance Assessment Writers & Editors (Midtown)
- Education Writer for On-Going Projects (San Diego)
- Temporary - Content Associate - High School Science (NWEA - Remote; next 6 entries)
- Temporary - Content Associate - Physics
- Content Specialist - Reading and Language Arts with Bilingual ESL ELL
- Temporary - Content Associate - Science - Grade 4-12
- Temporary - Editor - Chemistry and Physics
- Temporary - Editor - High School Science
- Temporary - Editor - Science
- Writing Job for Teacher (Chicago)
- Writer Wanted (North Jersey)
NOTE: I found this posting on a subscription-based site: [This telecommute employer] ociates, Inc. Is looking for qualified candidates for the following positions: Attention: Educators Needed! Location: Telecommute (Nationwide) [This telecommute employer] provides an array of services for educational publishers nationwide. We are currently in need of correlators to join our team. Correlators work on a contract basis from their home office and are responsible for creating documents that demonstrate the alignment of textbooks and other educational materials with state standards. We are currently in need of educators for the following subjects: math, science, English, social studies, and Spanish. The primary purpose of this position is to accurately and efficiently align educational material to academic standards. The Ideal Candidate: • Bachelor’s degree plus teaching certificate in applicable subject (certificate need not be current) • *-5+ years of teaching experience, high school level preferred. • Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. • Accuracy and attention to detail. • Strong analytical skills. • Superb organizational skills. • High speed internet connection. • Correlation experience preferred. Must have flexible schedule and be able to begin working on projects with little notice. Projects are driven by availability; however, consistent work may be available after successful completion of project(s). For consideration you must act now! Send cover letter, resume, and a list of references to the following below: Isabella Tagore at isabell . . . more details available to subscribers
In a Google search, I found that it was McHugh and Associates and that I've posted for them before. The contact name is different, but I'm sure for enterprising freelancers, that won't be a problem. :-)
- Nursing Education Course Writer (Lakeway Texas)
- Content Development Manager for Certification Exam Projects (Bellevue, WA)
- Freelance Copyeditors (science and engineering; ESL)
- Freelance Writer for Mac Adobe Creative Suite tips and tutorials site
- Medical Summary Narrative Writer (in case you were a doctor in your former life)